Review: Missha M Magic Cushion No. 23

I know that about 65,986 reviews have already been written about this cushion, but I am an Asian Beauty Baby, so everything is new to me. The Missha M Magic Cushion was an impulse buy from eBay (and got to me from Korea within a week with free shipping, which felt almost as good as a puppy falling asleep on my face) because, well, cushion.
I normally don't wear any foundation-type makeup, and don't intend to, but I have been quite happy with my Lebelage 3 Effect BB Cream (another impulse buy from eBay, one of the very first since I discovered AB products a few weeks ago,) and I now get the idea behind an even skin tone. Yup, that is completely new to me, too.
So, I took a deep breath, and ordered the Missha cushion.

There are way too many photos available online about the packaging already, so I'll post another one because, why not? It seems quite sturdy and pretty, but the mirror isn't that helpful since it's not, well, a mirror, but it seems like it's a sheet of steel. Or something. Point is, you can only see a very airbrushed version of your face in it.
EDIT: thanks to the ladies of the most awesome Asian beauty community ever (I am certainly talking about the Asian Beauty Subreddit,) I now know that there's a very tight, very unnoticeable film on the mirror that I have to peel off. Underneath it, there is an actual mirror. Now I feel like a complete ass. 


The cream itself looks dark, but it really isn't. It might actually be a little too light for my face,. It is extremely creamy, easy to apply and blend, but it's so. Damn. Shiny.
Now, I understand that it's a look, and it should make you look like a porcelain doll fresh out of the porcelain doll factory, but for someone with very oily skin (that would be yours truly,) shiny is something you just. Don't. Want. 
I have a sebum-control powder on the way from Korea, and I will have to see if that helps achieve more of a matted look with this cushion. 
It does feel light on my skin, and it provides quite a good coverage without having to keep adding layer after layer.

Here, I applied it to my entire face first and, finally, I added my daily makeup (which is a Maybelline mascara, a tinted lip balm, and a little bit of a blush. I keep it simple, yo!)



It does make my skin nicer, it helps the skin tone and my under-eye circles, but I am having a very hard time with the sheen. The overly-dewiness, which just makes my face look oily, really. It doesn't help with my pores, and it keeps gradually looking more and more oily as the hours go by. Blotting does help, but the sheen stays...

Things I like:
- pretty good coverage for an even skin tone,
- feels light,
- easy to blend.

Things I don't like:
- way too much shine,
- doesn't help mask pores or deep lines/wrinkles.

I don't hate this cushion, and I will certainly not throw it away. I have a primer and the aforementioned powder on the way, and they might help, even though I doubt they will be able to cover the shine. 

I am not ready to give up on my first ever cushion just yet, and I am determined to find a way to make it work better for me and my skin.

In any case, if a cushion/BB cream doesn't work for you, what do you do with it? I know some people might use a facial cream on their feet or hands, or a cleanser on the rest of their bodies. Is there anything a product like this can be used for, other than its intended purpose?



2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I feel like an ass too LOL. Was so confused as to whether the mirror was actually just blurry like that, or whether my product was a defect. And I was Googling all over the place, and finally stumbled upon this lovely review, and now I am enlightened. Ahhhh...there's a protective sheet over the actual mirror......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, trust me, I felt the same way when someone ELSE told me I had to remove that protective sheet. LOL I am glad I could pass on this oh-so-important piece of knowledge. :D

      Delete

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email