Review: Rainbow Beauty SOC 3D Mask Pack - Snail

Last night, I tried yet another mask that had arrived with my skin18.com sheet mask haul. Again, it was something I had never tried before, by a brand I had never heard about. It actually took me a few minutes to figure out what exactly I was putting on my face, since the entire back of the pouch is in (what I assume is) Korean.


The brand is Rainbow Beauty, and thankfully, their entire website is in English, so I could quickly look up the ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus/Panax Ginseng Root Ferment Filtrate, Folic acid , Human oligopeptide-1, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-18/4 Copolymer, polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Carbomer, PVM/MA Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Perfume
Snail goo seems to be quite high on the list (at least, for a cheap mask,) and so is an aloe extract, so what could go wrong?

This is also a 3D mask, which I had no idea what it meant, but skin18.com offered a short explanation: "What does it mean of three dimensional? 3D mask means a mask sheet that is not flat like a sheet but it was well cut and sewed onto a 3D face shape which can fit the shape of your face better."

It looks like there's some raised stitching going down the middle of the mask, which might sound weird, but I gotta say this was one of the best-fitting sheet masks I have ever tried. Granted, I haven't tried a lot. Still - and I might have mentioned this before, - I typically end up cutting my sheet masks like the master tailor I am not, and this was the first time I let my little mask-cutting scissors take the night off.


There was lots of essence soaked up by the sheet, and the little left behind (as you might be able to tell from the decanting photo below) was surprisingly thick, which could also explain why the mask stuck so well to my face and didn't move at all.


As for the masking experience itself, this was a very pleasant one; mainly because I didn't have to worry about the mask sliding off and dripping some watery essence all over the place. I left it on my face for 15 minutes; all I understand from all the Korean writing on the back was "10-15 something-something," which I assumed was minutes, but the skin18.com description says to leave it on for 15-45 minutes, which might explain why there was so much essence left on my face.
I'll know better next time...

It took me a while to massage/pat in all that gooey stuff, which was followed by my night cream, and then I, the dogs, and all-the-stuff-on-my-face went to bed.


The following morning, my face was soft and seemed pretty peaceful. Not quite as soft and peaceful as it is when I use my Benton Snail Bee Mask, which is currently the one I compare allthemasks to, but I feel that, from the time I put it on until the next morning, this mask performed much, much better than I had expected a cheap, no-name-recognition mask to do.

I have a few other 3D sheet masks by this brand, and I am now looking forward to trying them!


2 comments:

  1. I've never seen these before, looks like a much better fit than normal even if the seam down the front is a little weird looking...

    It's Japanese on the back of the pack by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much for my knowledge of East Asian languages. :)

      That seam does look pretty weird, but once you put the mask on, you kinda see that there's a method to the madness. :)

      Thank you for dropping by! <3

      Delete

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email