Review: Skinfood Royal Honey Mask

I love putting honey-related things on my face. I am not sure I will need them as much in the summertime as I do these days when it's a cold, cold winter, but if you had a camera in my bathroom (please, don't,) you would see me reach for the Skinfood Royal Honey Mask as often as once a day. But, at least twice a week. I absolutely adore it, and I am flabbergasted that it doesn't receive more praise in the blogosphere.


What this mask claims to do:
An exfoliating mask with royal black honey and royal jelly extracts that sloughs away dead skin cells and transforms rough skin into a nice honey-glazed complexion.
Royal Black Honey is natural raw black honey from South Asian forests, one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites. Royal Black Honey enriches with a myriad of nutrients that are amazingly good for the skin. (source)

Directions:
1. Apply a quarter-sized amount evenly to the face and massage gently.
2. Leave on for 10 minutes until the texture turns watery. Massage in gentle circular motions until clumps of cellulose granules and impurities appear. Wipe off and cleanse with a foaming cleanser. (source)

Ingredients:
Water, Dipropylene glycol, Mineral Oil, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Honey, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Royal Jelly Extract, Cellulose, Sorbitan Stearate, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycosyl Trehalose, Cetearyl Alcohol, Oleic Acid, Isohexadecane, Hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, Polysorbate 80, Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Triethanol amine, Allantoin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, CI 15985, CI 19140, Parfum

I know that's a whole lot of weird-sounding words (the meanings of most of whose I have no idea about,) and honey and royal jelly extract are nowhere near the top of the ingredient list. Furthermore, the CosDNA analysis reveals more than one potential acne-trigger in the formula, so you might want to patch-test this product before spreading it all over your face.

That said, it's been wonderful for my skin from the very first time I tried it, and I really don't want to quit it.

I originally bought an eight-pack of samples, which ended up lasting a long time. Not because I wasn't using it, but because each sample pouch contains 4 or 5 ml (not perfectly sure) of product, and if you multiply it by eight, that's quite a lot of product... So, here is I, using up the last remains of those samples before I open the full-size bottle I've purchased in the meantime.

Of course, the first time I tried it, I didn't read the directions, for there were none on the samples. I just slapped it on, then washed it off. It made my skin feel soft, and I liked it.

From then on, though, I have been using it as I should, and now I love it. I love peeling gels, and I love the idea of a nourishing wash-off mask that turns into a peeling gel. Thing is, it's not only an idea when it comes to this product. I usually don't start massaging it for about a half an hour - I love it on my face, - and when I do, it's a very luxurious experience. It doesn't feel like a peeling gel, yet it certainly acts like one, while being ultra-kind to my skin. 

Peeling gel action

Once I am done massaging and all the yucky little cellulose pieces seem to be gone, I wash it off with lots of water, and ta-dam! I am left with happy, calm, and very, very soft skin that lasts the entire day.

Smoothness!

Recommend? Absolutely. Unless you're sensitive to one of the ingredients, this mask is a wonderfully nourishing product that leaves my skin soft and happy each time I use it.

Where to buy?
The 150 ml full-size bottle is widely available. You can get it on StyleKorean for $9.34 (plus shipping,) or Amazon for $13.80. Or, you can hop on over to eBay and grab a seven-piece sample pack, for less than $5.00.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email