Review: Holika Holika Heartful Moisture Lipstick

I am not much of a lipstick person. I will never remember or feel any sort of inspiration to reapply my lipstick during the day. I usually stick to slightly tinted lip balms, if that. The few lipstick-like products I have, I typically very randomly won on eBay auctions. Which is how I became the proud owner of a Holika Holika Heartful Moisture Lipstick, in the color RD807 Candy Red.


About the brand:
"Holika Holika is a Korean cosmetic retailer owned by ENPRANI Co. Ltd and [was] created in Korea in 2010. (...) Holika Holika products feature unique, eye-catching packaging to appeal to young, style-conscious consumers, both female and male. Our brand is offering affordable prices on high quality products made with the finest ingredients. The vision of Holika Holika is to provide fun, practical cosmetic products to enhance every woman’s natural beauty. (...) Holika Holika derives from English suffix '-holic' and it means addiction. Korean 'holida' means temptation to form the brand name and its concept." (source)

What this product claims to achieve:
"Lovely heart-shaped moisture and high color formation lipstick which gives a vivid color effect, moisture essential oil complex (sweet orange oil, grapefruit oil, olive oil) is included. Protecting lips with full moisture." (source)


Ingredients (RD807 Candy Red):
Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, BHT, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Diglyceryl Sebacate/Isopalmitate, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenylpropyldimethylsiloxysilicate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Mica, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Diisostearyl Malate, CI 15850:1,CI 19140:1, CI 15850, CI 45410, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Fragrance (source)

I am not even going to pretend to understand most (or any) of this ingredient list, or that I am in any way able to understand what makes a good lipstick. But, here it is, in all its glory, to those of you who are curious.


First of all, I think that we can all agree that this lipstick is damn cute. With its light pink packaging and heart-shaped, well, lipstick, I can see how every 15 year-old falls in love with it. Granted, I am nearing 40, but hey, I still like the occasional cute thing.

I cannot say that the heart-shaped end makes application any easier; it is actually slightly tricky until one figures it out. Remember, though, that I am not well versed when it comes to lipsticks, so it might be easier to get a hang of to those of you who apply lipstick much, much more frequently than I do.


I will say this lipstick is nicely pigmented; then again, I am used to tinted lip balms, so this might not be anything extraordinary for the lipstick aficionado. I can see anyone wearing it to run errands without looking "made-up," to work without looking out of place (I guess that also depends on your line of work, though,) to dinner (more about its lasting abilities later,) or even on a night out.

I am not great with nuances when it comes to colors, but I feel like this particular color has an orangey undertone that I wasn't expecting to see, based on the swatches available online. It's not outrageous, and it might just be my imagination. I am not even sure any of it comes through in these cell phone photos.


In the above photo, I had applied a couple of layers on my lips, then kissed my hand without blotting. You can see that a whole lot of color transfers this way. However, if you do blot first, the staying power of this little lipstick can be pretty impressive. The first time I wore it, I applies it in the morning, went about my day, went over to my father's house for lunch with the dogs, and there was still quite some lipstick left at around 3 PM. The color also fades gradually, so it really isn't obvious.


It does feel very silky when applied and doesn't settle into dry cracks. It doesn't feel heavy on the lips at all, either. All in all, it is a surprisingly comfortable product to wear.
However, I will say this - and it might easily be a coincidence in the wintertime, - the day after, my lips do feel drier than before. I do not know if there's anything on that impossible to understand ingredient list that might, in the long run, cause some dryness, or it has been, indeed, a coincidence. I know I will keep wearing this lipstick, so I guess I will see...

Recommend? Yes. It is a lovely, comfortable lipstick with an impressive staying power. I just wish there were more color choices available.

Where to buy? It's available pretty much everywhere. You can usually find a few auctions on eBay where the Buy It Now prices start at around USD 5.00 (with free shipping) right now. It costs USD 6.07 on KoreaDepart, USD 9.00 on Amazon, and USD 6.21 on BeautyNetKorea.

I have no idea what's happening in this video, but it has something to do with Holika Holika

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email