Review: It's Skin Prestige D'Escargot Finale

Having run out of the gazillion of samples I'd had of my beloved Sulwhasoo Essential Firming Cream, gave me the chance to sort through all the sample batches of heavier creams I still had lying around and completely ignored because of my love affair with Sulwhasoo. The first pack of samples I reached for, were those of the It's Skin Prestige D'Escargot Finale, hoping that it would be in the same league as the aforementioned cream.


About the brand:
"After analyzing its customers' skin troubles, It's skin collaborated with dermatologists from Seoul University to create its line of makeup and skincare. Based on state-of-the-art science and using natural ingredients, It's skin's collection works to bring out the skin's natural glow and energy. All of the brand's products are dermatologist-tested to certify the purity of the ingredients, as well as ensure minimal irritation and maximum safety." (source)

What this product claims to achieve:
"(...) Finale from It’s Skin is unique: gentle, nourishing and revitalising. It’s light texture intensively moisturises your face. It contains valuable ingredients, such as regenerative snail secretion, which is prized as the new beauty star in Korea because of its beneficial effects on skin. And for us it is the happy ending after cleansing and applying cream." (source)

Instructions:
"Use a sufficient amount of the product every morning and evening as the last step in your skin care routine." (source)

Ingredients:

I got a ten pack of samples from RoseRoseShop several months ago, but had somehow never gotten around to trying it before. 

First of all, can we stop and discuss the sample packs for a second here?
I threw out all the packs after decanting them, so I am forced to use a photo I have found online

If you think it's some sort of 2-in-1 product, you are mistaken. The actual cream is in the left side of the pouch, and the right side is just empty. There's no incredibly useful information on its back that couldn't have been printed on the left side, and it makes absolutely no sense to waste another sample pouch's worth of material for, well, nothing. I cannot say I am big on saving the Earth and what-not (not proud of it, just stating the fact,) but this annoys even me. Mostly because I haven't been able to find any sort of logical explanation for this insanity.

As for the product itself, it has a thick, oily, lotion-like consistency that I never felt had truly sunk in while I was testing it. It does have a pretty intense scent (my sense of smell is pretty busted, so I won't be able to describe the scent in detail; however, I can tell you that if I say it's pretty strong, then it's pretty damn strong.)


My hands are disturbingly neglected and much, much drier than the skin on my face, but even here, you can probably tell that this cream leaves a layer of oil behind. Now, if you look at this chain of photos on It's Skin Canada's website, you will see that this is exactly what's supposed to happen:


And that, my friends, is what happened to my face, too; after three nights of using this product in lieu of my night moisturizer, there was suddenly a thin layer of oil covering my face, and it just wouldn't go away. The good thing is that it wasn't the type of nasty, dirty, suffocating, excess sebum-like layer I had been used to, before embarking on my AB journey. But, it was a layer of oil, and an extra layer of oil is not something I particularly want to return to. 

I know that it is a look. There was an episode of the Beauty Bible where they talked about how bad excess oil was, and the expert's face was shiny just like the lady's in the "Day 6" photo, above. I understand that this is a look some women find not only attractive, but desirable.
Unfortunately, I am not one of them. I have been enjoying my layers of hydration without the excess sebum/oily look, and I am not planning to try and achieve something completely different. 

And so, sadly, I quit this product after using it nightly for a week. 

Recommend? Only if the shiny/ultra-dewy look is what you are trying to accomplish. If it is, this product will definitely help you with that. 

Where to buy? I have a feeling this has been discontinued, or is going to be discontinued soon, so be careful of falling in love. If you are willing to risk it, there are sample batches available from USD 3.84 and the full-size (40ml) product from USD 29.09 available on eBay. (Side note: I used the pink samples, and there only seem to be beige ones available; while there also seems to be two different types of packaging - pink and beige - for the full-size product, too. I have not been able to find out if anything but the color of the bottle has changed. If you know, please leave a comment.) It is considerably more expensive on YesStyle at USD 39.90, or Amazon at USD 33.84.


This is the commercial for the cream in the same line; I couldn't find one for the "Finale"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email