Review: SD Hair 7 Days Hair Steam Pack (Premium Edition)

I have only recently started paying attention to my hair, when I realized that not all haircare products were created equal. See, I'd used all kinds of shampoos and conditioners over the past 20+ years, cheap and expensive, drugstore and salon care products, depending on my budget, but none had really ever seemed to make much of a difference to my very long, very straight, thin hair. What I was really looking for, was some body and strength, when I started using Ryo(e) products, and that's exactly what they delivered; more than anything else in my life prior. So, I started randomly placing bets on Korean haircare products on eBay, and that's how I won SD Hair's 7 Days Hair Steam Pack (Premium Edition).


About the brand:
I couldn't find any useful information online (at least not in English, and I cannot read or understand Hangul,) other than apparently, SD Hair is a hair salon somewhere in Seoul.

What this product claims to achieve:
"Self-warming hair mask delivers intense moisture to repair ragged follicles and restore shine and bounce to your locks. Made from concentrated essence enriched with argan oil, royal jelly and black sesame seed extracts, this quick spreading mask wraps locks in its nourishing brew for noticeably smoother and stronger hair with renewed shine after every use. Treat yourself to a weekly hair mask to maintain gorgeous locks." (source)


Directions and ingredients:
"After shampooing and washing your hair, towel dry until damp. Wear the steam pack and carefully wrap it all over the hair. Make sure all hair is completely covered. Gently massage the head to let the essence be absorbed thoroughly. Leave the steam pack on for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the mask and rinse with lukewarm water." (source)

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Argan Tricunel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Shea Butter, Panthenol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract, Phellinus Linteus Extract, Angelica Gigas Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Morus Nigra Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Acanthopanax Senticosus (Eleuthero) Root Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Domestica Fruit Extract, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Althaea Rosea Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Glycine Max (Soybean) Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Vanillyl Butyl Ether, Zeolite, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Royal Jelly Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Extract , Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Freesia Refracta Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Garcinia Mangostana Peel Extract, Serine, Glycine, Alanine, Carrageenan, Agar, Acrylate/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Mica, Red Oxide Of Iron, Titanium Dioxide, Pentylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 60, Alcohol Denat., Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Perfume (source)




Because I had absolutely no clue about the product, I looked it up online before using it, and saw that it had been included in a Hair & Body Memebox almost two years ago. It is still being sold on the Membox website, and that's where I looked up the instructions, too, for everything on the packaging is in Hangul, which I can neither read, nor understand.


For some reason, I had expected a sheet mask-like product that's dripping in essence. However, the cap is waterproof(-ish?) on the outside, and the essence is on the bottom, inside, as if it were in a bag. 
While I saw a few people complain about how putting it on and adjusting it weren't all that simple at first, I had no issues with either. The only thing I found hard to figure out - and I will say it at the risk of sounding completely dumb, - was removing the film from the sticker (which you use to keep the cap in place) once the cap was already on my head.
Eventually, I figured it out, and once I did, I could adjust it where it stayed on my head without trying to crawl off.


Once the cap is on your head, you will massage it so that the essence is spread evenly on your hair and scalp. I am not sure how good a job I did at this, since I wasn't feeling the overwhelming "steam" effect that others had reported. I could feel that the cap itself was definitely warmer to the touch than I had expected, so something was happening.

I left it on for 15-20 minutes, removed the cap, and rinsed my hair with water.

What I could immediately tell, is that my hair was extremely soft, and surprisingly untangled, which is huge since long, thin hair tends to feel like a bird's nest after towel-drying.

I never blow dry/style my hair; I just wash it at night, and let it air dry. 

The next morning, my hair felt really, really nice. It was soft; however, it was almost too soft for me. See, when thin hair is soft, it might look healthy and shiny, but it also seems, well, thin. This pack does seem like it's amazing at hydrating the hair, but it didn't give mine any body whatsoever; and body is what it badly needs.


This before/after photo is a little tricky, because I'd had my hair in a braid for two days before I used this pack ("before" picture,) so it looked wavy and slightly coarse. However, I think these photos do show the smoothing and moisturizing qualities of the product. (Side note: the two photos were taken under the very same light.) 

I can see myself using it maybe once a month, as an extra-moisturizing, at-home spa treatment, but I need more body and more strength in my hair than it was able to give me.
I will definitely be on the lookout for some more eBay auctions, though...

Recommend? Yes. This pack is easy to use, and it does transform the hair immediately. I do believe it has wonderful moisturizing qualities, and it is great for dry hair.

Where to buy? One pack is available for USD 7.00 on Memebox, USD 6.90 on YesStyle, and USD 6.99+ on eBay (with free shipping.)


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email