Unboxing: RoseRoseShop Haul March 2016

I had placed several orders with RoseRoseShop (RRS) before, but this is the first time I have saved photographic evidence of it, so I thought it would be a nice way to end this week by going over my experience and the products I have bought.


First, this was the order that took the longest to get to me, by far, so far. And, it's not RRS's fault.

Let's look at the timeline of this order:

  • Order placed: February 20, 2016
  • Order shipped: February 25, 2016
  • Order delivered: March 16, 2016

Now, I may have just been lucky before: typically, I receive my orders from Korea in almost exactly two weeks from the time I place them. Because of the fact that vendors tend to undervalue the goods on the customs declaration forms (plus, I rarely haul, and my one-item orders are well within the no-customs-fee range, anyway,) my packages usually leave the local customs office within a few hours, and then my favorite mailman just brings them to me and my grabby hands.

While I know that the above timeline must sound perfectly acceptable in most parts of the world, I know something was going on, because - according to the Korea Post online tracking - my package is still, to this day, sitting at Incheon, waiting for its flight, plus it received a brand new tracking number once it entered the destination country.
That ain't right.

The latest tracking information, as of March 18, 2016

Funny thing? This is exactly what happened to my father's wife's TesterKorea order; her package was supposed to board the very same flight at the very same time as mine, and everything I have just said about mine, can be said for hers. Hers finally arrived the very same day as mine did. Weird.

So, this gave us a bit of a headache, but let me stop rambling, and get to the fun part: goodies!


As always, my products were double-bubble-wrapped, and the cardboard box was intact when it reached me.

Goodies, pre- and post-bubble-unwrap

My Order:

  1. It's Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Oil º USD 6.07 (MSRP: USD 7.86)
  2. CosRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence º USD 11.59 (MSRP: USD 15.00)
  3. Nature Republic Real Squeeze Aloe Vera Peeling Foot Mask º USD 2.76 (MSRP: USD 3.57)
  4. Leaders Insolution Dr. Therapy Foot Mask º USD 1.72 (MSRP: USD 4.46)
  5. Berrisom Collagen Hydra Firming Cream º USD 7.36 (MSRP: USD 31.25)
  6. TonyMoly Intense Care Snail Hand Cream Sample 20ml º USD 1.64 (MSRP: no longer available)
  7. It's Skin Todak Todak Pack #01 Elasticity º USD 1.03 (MSRP USD 1.34)
  8. Aritaum Ginger Sugar Tint Lip Balm #01 Flame Rose º USD 3.45 (MSRP: USD 4.46)
  9. Etude House My Beauty Tool Eyebrow Razor º USD 1.03 (MSRP: USD 1.34)
  10. Berrisom Oops Dual Tint Brow #01 Dark Brown º USD 5.28 (MSRP: USD 16.07)


Subtotal - USD 41.93
Shipping (Zone 3, Registered Air Mail) - USD 11.60
Total - USD 53.53

Even though one might think it's crazy that almost 25% of the final price is the shipping fee, if you add everything up, the total still comes out to less than what all these products would cost pretty much anywhere else, so I am perfectly fine with it.
It would probably make no sense to order one or two products from RRS; however, if you have several things you need, and you play your cart right (yup, that was totally a pun,) you can save a whole lot.


We had very little snow this winter and it's over already (boo,) so flip-flop season is inevitably coming, which means I need to start paying some attention to my feet. They have been looking quite OK recently, but I know that they can look better. Cue in some foot peeling with the Nature Republic Real Squeeze Aloe Vera Peeling Foot Mask, then - when my feet are done shedding all the dead layers - the Leaders Insolution Dr. Therapy Foot Mask, and my feet should be ready to be shown off.


My hands need some love, too, but I have yet to find a hand cream that really does make a real difference. So, I opted for this 20 ml sample tube of the TonyMoly Intense Care Snail Hand Cream to see whether it makes enough of a difference where the full-size product would be worth investing into. Eh... Scratch that. I was just looking for it on the website so that I can hotlink the product, but it looks like it's gone. Great. Oh, well, it's available on KoreaDepart.

I very rarely wear lipstick, but I cannot live without lip balms, and I absolutely love tinted lip balms. I am hoping that the Aritaum Ginger Sugar Tint Lip Balm will be able to keep my lips soft.

I was in my teens and early twenties in the 1990s, so it means I plucked my eyebrows a lot. So much, in fact, that I successfully killed off its ends on both sides. Ugh. For over a decade, I have used cosmetic tattooing to fill in the missing parts, and I am way overdue for a touchup, but I have spent so ridiculously much on vet bills over the past few months, that that has to wait a little while longer. I tried the Berrisom Oops Dual Tint Brow yesterday and today, and so far, I am really liking it. It looks like I won't be running into the issue of "she wiped away her tears as well as her eyebrow" when wearing it.


As big a fan of both snail slime and CosRX as I am, for some reason, I had never tried their Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. I went as far as pre-ordering their new BHA Blackhead Power Cream from Jolse a couple weeks ago - and I am loving it so far, - yet had never tried this popular essence. Well, that had to end.

And, speaking of eyebrows, even though I successfully killed off the ends, loose strands are still growing where they shouldn't, and instead of plucking each one individually, I thought the Etude House My Beauty Tool Eyebrow Razor would be a nice time saver.

The It's Skin Todak Todak Pack (in #01 Elasticity) was just a make-the-most-of-your-shipping-bracket addition. It was cheap, I love wash-off masks, and I didn't waste a single ounce of shipping weight, so I am happy.

RRS also sent me additional samples of a couple products in their new line, Neulii. I requested some when they offered them on their Facebook page, so now I have quite a few to try.


The Berrisom Collagen Hydra Firming Cream was a bit of an "it sounds pretty good, plus it's so deeply discounted" type of buy. Wishtrend has a lot more information about it than RRS, and since I am turning 40 in less than a month, I can use all the firming I can get.

I am running out of my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, and while it's been working fine, I am kind of bored of it, plus it really isn't one of the nicest cleansing oils to use. I like that the It's Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Oil is not a huge bottle, it's pretty cheap, and it has green tea in it - so, I decided to just go for it. I tried it last night, and I have to say I love both the scent and the consistency. I do not wear heavy makeup, I use a separate eye makeup remover for my eyes, and I double-cleanse every night, so I cannot say how it does in terms of heavy duty makeup removal, but it's a very pleasant product to use.

This concludes my RRS haul post. I hope you'll have a great weekend and find some awesome K-beauty deals!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email