My Routine May 2016

Time Period: May 2016

Age: 40 years-old

Skin Type and General Concerns: Normal skin. Some deepening frown lines. Uneven skin tone. Icepick scars. Clog-prone pores.


1. Cleansing



Oil Cleansing:

  • DHC Deep Cleansing Oil • Night • Repurchase? Probably not. There are more pleasant cleansing oils out there, even though it does what it has to do exceptionally well.
  • It's Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Oil • Night • Repurchase? I might. It's dirt cheap on RoseRoseShop, it smells wonderful and has a nice slip, so if I need to get some cleansing oil when I am putting together my next RRS haul, I might grab another bottle.


Foam Cleansing:


2. Toning and Chemical Peeling 


First Essence:


Hydrating Toner:

  • Su:m37 1102 Extreme Time Control Skin • Morning • Repurchase? I would because I really love it, but 1. I think it might be discontinued, and 2. I already have a full bottle of another Su:m37 toner waiting to be used.
  • Hada Labo Goku-jyun Alpha Lotion (accidentally featured in the photo below; it's the product decanted into the blue dropper bottle) • Night • Repurchase? Possibly. I have only been using it for a couple weeks, at night, so I am undecided about how much it adds to my routine. Thankfully, no adverse reactions from my skin, though.

pH-Balancing Toner:


Chemical Exfoliant:

  • CosRx AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid • Night, four to five times a week • Repurchase? This bottle lasts forever, but I am quite positive I will repurchase it when it's about to run out.

3. Serums



  • Mamonde Age Control Camellia Oil • Occasionally • Repurchase? Likely. I use it under sheet masks and whenever my skin feels like it could do with some more oils, and it works beautifully.
  • Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop • Morning and night • Repurchase? I have a lot of it left (including a yet unopened bottle,) and I think the initial brightening effect might wear off, after a while, so I will probably add a Vitamin C active once I am done with this.
  • Lee JiHam (LJH) Vita Propolis Ampoule • Night • Repurchase? I have another bottle and I am not convinced it is doing much to my skin, despite it being the HG for so many others, so next time, I will skip this one.
  • BRTC The First Ampoule Advanced Serum • Morning • Repurchase? I have another couple months of usage left, so we will see where I am, on my skincare journey, when I need to add a new bottle. I really do like it, but I don't think I love it.
  • CosRx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence • Morning and night • Repurchase? Absolutely. I don't think I'll ever want to live without it.

4. Moisturizing Creams



  • Holika Holika Prime Youth Black Snail Repair Emulsion • Morning • Repurchase? No. I use it as the final step in the mornings because it's rather heavy for an emulsion. I think it's aimed at dry or very dry skin types, so it's just not the right match for mine. (Note: I have deluxe samples enough for anywhere from a week to about a month, of several different creams/emulsions that I want to try. Then, I usually just return to my HG product, the CosRx Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream because nothing really compares.)
  • Berrisom Hydra Firming Cream+ • Night • Repurchase? Likely. I have another night cream waiting to be used at night, but I really love this one, so I can totally see myself returning to it in the future.
  • Hera Age Away Mask • Night, two to three times a week • Repurchase? If I find a good deal on deluxe samples, I will. I use it as a sleeping pack, in lieu of my night cream.

5. Masks, Masks, Masks


I use sheet masks three to four times a week, wash-off masks two to three times a week, and a peeling gel twice a week. A few of my current favorites, in no particular order are


6. Extras







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email