Review: Lirikos Angelic Therapy Mask

In the midst of my constant need to 1. try new things, and especially 2. try new wash-off masks, I couldn't wait to be able to schedule the Lirikos Angelic Therapy Mask, of which I had received several samples, from one of my favorite Korean eBay stores.
While I certainly don't have as much trouble with my pores and their being clogged as I used to, before embarking on my AB journey, and I still use a clay mask once a week, so this one was a very welcome addition to my testing schedule.
About the brand:
"LIRIKOS relies on the rejuvenating benefits of thalassotherapy, which uses deep seawater and other marine components to restore nutrients to the skin. Developed as a prestigious brand for French women by Korean parent company AMOREPACIFIC Corporation in 1994, LIRIKOS carries an expansive range of skincare and cosmetic products that includes anti-aging, cleansing and hydration solutions." (source)

What this product claims to achieve:

"Marine enzyme extracted from the mud of the western sea removes dead skin cells, and improves turn-over of skin. Fine and even mud particles control excessive sebum and minimize pores temporarily. The minerals and nutritions of mud nourishes skin. And moisturizing ingredients of deep sea water hydrates skin after washing." (source)

Instructions & ingredients:
1. After washing your face, adjust skin texture with toner.
2. Spread all over face except eyes.
3. After 10-15 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water. 
4. Use 2-3 times a week or as necessary. (source)

The ingredients are, unfortunately, not available on the Lirikos website - or, anywhere else I have looked.


This mask is possibly the thinnest clay mask I have ever used, and I say that as a positive. You know how clay masks tend to be rather thick, which makes them a pain in the butt to apply, and it then takes a whole lot of patience and splashing to wash off?

Well, that's not the case with this one. It applies very easily, and it doesn't have an offensive clay smell (then again, it might. I wouldn't know since my sense of smell is really busted, so don't take my word for anything scent-related.)

It does have tiny little grains in it, which I will just imagine are actual grains from actual clay; they could easily be some sort of addition for the sake of the whole natural clay experience. If they are, the manufacturer did a great job at making it feel like you're in some secret cave on a secret beach near Korea, gathering the infamous clay and slapping it all over your face because the elders claim it will make you live forever...
Anyway, you get the picture.

I can see why the instructions say to use this mask 2-3 times a week, even though clay masks tend to be drying, therefore most people cannot use them this often.

See, this mask isn't drying at all. I have used it about five times, each time just applying a rather thin layer, but none of those times did my skin feel tight and dry. (For reference, I now have what I'd call normal skin; if yours is dry, you might have a different experience.) 
It actually made my skin surprisingly soft and calm (for a clay mask,) and it never felt harsh in any way.

Yeah, I had like three zits when I took this photo. Aunt Flo still makes my skin flip out.

No, there's nothing negative I can say about this product, really - and, still, I am not planning on repurchasing it. See, it's a middle-range mask when it comes to its price, yet I do not feel like it did anything spectacular; certainly not anything that clay masks that cost half as much, cannot do. 
Sure, it's a nice product, and it seems to be able to calm one's skin. 
I am just not sure it's worth the price.

Recommend? Yes and no. It's a good mask that never left my skin tight and dry - like so many clay masks have. However, I am not sure it's as good as the price tag might suggest. If you're looking for a good, and not-yet-overly-popular clay-based mask, and you have some money to burn, just go for it. But, there are cheaper options out there.

Where to buy? I'd suggest grabbing some samples over on eBay first, to see if you want to invest in the full-size (100ml) product, which is available for USD 22.21 on KoreaDepart, and USD 24.90 on TesterKorea.
This is a different Lirikos product but I love this commercial!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email