Review: Su:m37 Secret Repair Emulsion

When I realized that one could buy large sample packs of high-end - and therefore out-of-my-financial-league - Korean skincare products, from a few legit sellers, and at a fraction of the price of what the full-size product would cost me, I kind of went on a rampage, and bought a lot goodies from brands like Su:m37, Sulwhasoo, Hera, and the History of Whoo. There was a night when eBay went haywire, and no one could sign in for several hours, which coincided with the time some of the auctions on which I was bidding, were ending. Essentially, I ended up with large amounts of different samples, at a great price. I wish there were more of these eBay blackouts... Anyway, one of the products of which I ended up with about six months' worth, was the Su:m37 Secret Repair Emulsion.



About the brand:
SU:M37 is a premium beauty brand in Korea that specializes in naturally fermented skincare, free of fragrances, artificial colors and synthetic preservatives. 'SU:M' represents the Korean word for respiration and '37' signifies optimal fermentation temperature. (source)

What this product claims to achieve:
Deliver an abundance of elasticity-increasing nutrients deep into the skin with this fermented repair emulsion. This repair emulsion contains a double function to improve both skin elasticity as well as skin moisture. The fermented ingredients within this emulsion adhere to the skin upon application and work to lock in moisture and restore skin tightness. (source)

Instructions:
After using skin softener, take an appropriate amount into hand, and gently spread over the face. (source)

Ingredients (source) and imperfect CosDNA analysis (click for bigger photo; I don't have a CosDNA account, so I just quickly C/P'ed the ingredient list, ran it, but couldn't get it saved)


While my sample bottles might look small (they probably contain 4 or 5 ml of product each,) I have had so many of them that I have been using this emulsion before my face cream, twice a day, for almost four months now, and I am about halfway done with my mini bottles, so I feel like I have a good idea about what this product does to me, by now.


This emulsion is rather thick, and it has a rather strong flower-y smell with a hint of hanbang in there - I think. I have to keep mentioning that my sense of smell is pretty bad, so take anything I say about scents with a pinch of salt. One thing is for sure: if even I say that something has a strong scent, then it has a strong scent. Just to give you an idea: still today, I don't think the CosRx AHA liquid smells like anything at all. (If you don't have it: it's made more than one person gag, apparently. I don't know. I don't think it smells like anything.) So, there's that...


As much as I could figure it out (Su:m37's website is practically useless,) the Secret Repair line is aimed at mature and dry skin, which mine really isn't, but I never let small obstacles like this deter me. In fact, this emulsion has worked great for me in these cold winter months, and I was just telling my father's wife the other day that I was hoping it would run out by the summer because I could tell it would be too rich for my normal, 40-year-old skin when it's hot outside.


It is quite viscous, and it always takes a while to sink into my skin. It does leave a slightly shiny-looking layer behind, by somehow, my CosRx snail AIO cream (which is currently my day cream) helps it settle. I can see how this would feel extremely nourishing for dry skin but it feels a little too heavy for my normal skin, and I would certainly not suggest someone with oilier skin use it.

Mixed with my Su:m37 Water-full Timeless Gel Essence, which is how I have been using it in the mornings

Recommend? For dry, mature skin, definitely - which is exactly what this product is for. While mine is normal and aging, it has served me well during the cold winter months, I'm looking forward to using something lighter now that the weather is getting warmer.

Where to buy? You can buy rather large sample packs on eBay. Alternatively, if you have money to burn, and want to go for the full-size product right away, YesStyle is currently offering it for USD 60.90, Amazon for USD 58.90, and Beauty Box Korea for USD 45.44.


This is the essence from the same line but I love this commercial

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email