Review: Tony Moly Crystal Lovley Eyes in #3 Pink Beam

I am not the person who will go out of her way to score makeup products. However, I will, indeed, bid on a few that look interesting, on eBay, and if I am happy if I can get one for an exceptional price. That was the case with my Tony Moly Crystal Lovley Eyes in #3 Pink Beam, and it made me fall so hard for this 2-in-1 shadow-and-liner, that I eventually got it in two more colors.



About the brand:
"Tony Moly (토니모리) is a South Korean cosmetics brand. Tony Moly was established in 2006 with the support of Tae Sung Industry. The name Tony Moly means 'putting style into packaging'." (source)

What this product claims to achieve:
Two-in-one eye shadow and liner from Korea's TONYMOLY. A beauty-insider favorite, TONYMOLY Crystal Lovely Eyes comes in creamy pearl shades that glide on for a subtle, shimmery look. (source)

Instructions:

I am not even sure if I understand these instructions. The way I have been using this particular color, is I apply the eye shadow on the eyelids, and use the eye pencil under my eyes. This method really opens up my eyes.

See, this product has a spongy end with eye shadow, and an eye pencil, in a matching color, on the other end of the wand. The latter is retractable, so there's no need for a sharpener, making it pretty convenient to use.


I have seen others complain about the eye pencil part not being soft enough, but honestly, I haven't noticed it. It's not as soft as my favorite Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner, but it's a lot softer than the Lioele Glittering Jewel Liner - if that comparison is useful to anyone.

The #3 Pink Beam is beautifully sparkly, but not obnoxiously so, therefore you won't look "overdone" if you wear this when you're only running errands. I think it can work in most office settings, too. It will not give you some sort of dramatic look - think cat eyes - when you go out to party, so if that's what you're looking for, this isn't the product for you. It's pigmented just enough where it helps open up your eyes without being obvious that you've put work into getting them to look that way.


I absolutely adore this color combination, and reach for this product often, especially when I haven't had enough sleep, and need for my eyes to look more awake than I feel.
My eyelids are rather oily (maaaaybe because I use the Mamonde Camellia Oil under my Iope Essential Tone&Wrinkle Care Eye Cream) but this product stays on beautifully (even without an eye primer.)

Wearing nothing but the eye shadow on my lids, and the eye liner under my eye

Recommend? Absolutely. It's a 2-in-1 product that gives you that "your eyes, just more awake" kind of look. It's very easy to use, gorgeous, has the perfect amount of sparkle, and has an impressive staying power.

Where to buy? These babies are available at numerous online stores, and are currently selling for USD 3.46 on KoreaDepart, USD 4.04 on BeautyNetKorea, and USD 4.27+ on eBay (with free shipping.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email