First Impression: Su:m37 Losec Therapy Lotion

One of the many high-end Korean skincare products of which I have purchased large amounts of samples, is the Su:m37 Losec Therapy Lotion. I have to admit that I took this plunge without knowing much about this particular product, so I didn't know what to expect - other than, hey, it's Su:m37, so it can't be bad. Right?



About the brand:
SU:M37 is a premium beauty brand in Korea that specializes in naturally fermented skincare, free of fragrances, artificial colors and synthetic preservatives. 'SU:M' represents the Korean word for respiration and '37' signifies optimal fermentation temperature. (source)

What this product claims to achieve:
"Su:m37 Losec​ Therapy Lotion is highly nourishing emulsion that provides the balance of the skin and keeps the skin clear, clean and moist. It contains more than 10 kinds of fermented natural plant which reinterprets secret recipe of imperial family of Rome. This enriched nourishing lotion penetrates deeply into the skin softly, wraps the skin smoothly and fills the deep skin with nutrition. This concentrated nutrient lotion thus helps to maintain hydrant and stable skin conditions." (source)

Instructions and ingredients:
"After your essence, apply a moderate amount from inside to outside face according to skin texture and pat lightly for absorption. Lift from inside to outside neck like offering resilience from the chin to temple with both hands." (source)

Unfortunately, all I have been able to find out about the ingredients is that they include "fermented nourishing ingredients from 10 kinds of natural plants." (source)

I have only used this lotion about 8-10 times, so I won't be able to tell you whether it produces miraculous results you would expect from a product with such a high price tag. 

What I can tell you, right off the bat, is if you are sensitive to strong scents, you might want to stay away. I have pointed it out numerous times on this blog already: my sense of smell is pretty busted. Hardly anything bothers my nose, unless it is very strong and unpleasant, or smells anything like vinegar.
While this lotion passed the latter test, it certainly failed the former. It has a very, very strong smell... of something. I'd say it's flower-y? Like, imagine a huge bouquet of 15 different kinds of flowers. Then throw in something slightly yeasty, and bam, you have this lotion!

I will not say that it bothered me too much, but I can imagine it would bother people with more sensitive noses a whole lot more. And, let's face it, I'll assume pretty much everyone's nose is more sensitive than mine.


Coming out of my 4 ml sample bottles, this lotion is quite thick, and its color is that of peed-on snow. Yeah, sorry about that. I could have also likened it to mucus, and that would have been even more gross. Oh, wait a minute...

I have been using it on top of my light hydrating layers and under my face cream, both mornings and nights, and it feels pretty thick on my normal skin. By far, this layer takes the longest to sink in (longer than either my day or night cream,) which isn't ideal when I am in a rush to get out the door. It's quite viscous, and I feel like it first suffocates my skin a little. 


Once it sinks in, it leaves my skin looking healthy and glowing. (Side note: I really need to stop trying to demonstrate how products work, on my hand. My hands are pretty dry, and the poor things will eat up anything I put on them, really; so, they don't really act like the skin on my face would.)

I feel that this lotion would be a better fit for someone with dry (or even very dry) skin. While I do like how my skin feels eventually, to me, this feels to heavy at first, and more like a cream than a lotion, in its consistency. 
I will be using up the rest of my gazillion samples, but I won't go out of my way to grab new ones. 

Recommend? I do, but only if you 1. don't mind a very strong scent, and 2. have dry to very dry skin. I feel that even for my normal skin, this product feels heavy at first.

Where to buy? Samples: eBay. Full-size product: KoreaDepart º Amazon º W2Beauty º RoseRoseShop º StyleKorean


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email