Review: Aritaum Ginger Sugar Tint Lip Balm #1

I very rarely wear lipstick, but I am a lipbalm junkie; you know, the type of product that isn't necessarily obvious you're wearing, and it gives you that "your lips but better" look. I am pretty positive I threw the Aritaum Ginger Sugar Tint Lip Balm in color #1 into my cart with one of my RoseRoseShop orders, just to get the most out of my shipping bracket, so let's see if it was worth it!


About the brand:
Aritaum is not only a well-known, Sephora-type chain of K-beauty products, but also the chain's own brand. It belongs in the popular Amore Pacific family, and it is one of their affordable brands, on par with Mamonde or Innisfree.

What this product claims to achieve:
It is a moisturizing lip balm that melts on your skin on contact. Its star ingredients are shea butter and ginger extract. It gives lips a subtle color.


Instructions and ingredients:
Apply whenever lips feel dry. (source)

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the full ingredient list, but the star ingredients are listed as Ginger, Sugar, Shea Butter, Beeswax, Murumuru butter, and Orange oil. (source)

Since the image of ginger roots are on the packaging, and this balm's name has "ginger" in it, I was really hoping it would smell like ginger. If you have read any of my other reviews, you will know that my sense of smell is pretty poor (I keep bringing up the example that I don't think the CosRx AHA liquid smells like much of anything, even though all you will read online is that it smells putrid.) 
However, I am addicted to the scent of ginseng, and I will readily slap anything on my skin (my face, body, hair, you name it) that smells like ginger. 


This lip balm, unfortunately for me, smells nothing like ginger, though. All I can smell is orange. I don't hate it, but it isn't one of my favorite scents. (Like, you know, ginger.) Unless it's Christmastime and I have some orange oil in one of those little burner thingies. But, I digress.


As the product claims go, it really does melt on your skin, and it has a great slip, making it very easy to apply. The tint is the perfect "amount" for me (here I go, pretending to know any sort of makeup talk.) It does give my lips a nice, sheer, healthier-than-on-their-own color without being too in-your-face obvious. 

I will say, though, that the actual color is nowhere near as strong as the advertisement would make you believe. Above, you see the #1 smeared on my hand; below is what the ads claim it looks like. Not only is it a much softer color in real life, it is also less red and more pink:

I am fine with the softer and more pink-ish color, even though I am kinda in love with what it looks like in the advertisement. But, I will live.

As for this balm's other qualities: unfortunately, I do not think it's any better than your average lip balm. It doesn't stay on your lips for more than a few hours (forget about eating!) and it doesn't seem to do any more to my dry lips than any cheap (Western) drugstore lip balms have. I can see it work better for someone whose lips are less prone to dryness, but it just isn't enough for me.

Recommend? It's a good add-on on websites with weight-based shipping, as long as it's available for no more than maybe three dollars. Otherwise, I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it, and it certainly wouldn't be a product whose praises I will sing. The color is nice and subtle, but the staying and moisturizing powers are just nothing to write home about.

Where to buy? RoseRoseShopTesterKoreaiBuyBeautieBay



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email