Review: Etude House I Need You! Mango Mask

While I haven't had  much luck with Etude House skincare products, I do really love some of their makeup, and since I had read several glowing reviews about their ginseng mask (and I will happily smear anything ginseng on my face,) I decided to bid on a small two-piece mask collection on eBay, the other mask in which was the Mango Mask. I'd never used any cosmetics with Mango extract in them, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.



About the brand:
"Etude House (에뛰드하우스) is a South Korean cosmetics brand owned by Amore Pacific. The brand name 'Etude' comes from Frederic Chopin's studies of the piano. The company was established in 1966, and the corporate name was changed to Oscar Corporation in 1985. In 1990, it was incorporated by Amore Pacific Group. The name was changed to Etude Corporation in 1997. Etude House Seoul was launched in 2005. It opened its 100th brand store in 2007 and its 200th in 2009.(source)

What this product claims to achieve:
"This mask sheet contains mango extract (Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract) known for its variety of vitamins and fiber, helping to provide firm and healthy skin with its sweet and gentle touch." (source)

Instructions and ingredients:



Since I had never used a product that contains Mango fruit extract, I decided to turn to Google, and have found quite a few articles citing studies about its potential positive effects as an ingredient when used topically: "The leaves, both young and old, contain mangiferin, as do the bark and fruit of the Mangifera Indica. (...) Studies involving mangiferin have produced results that suggest this substance offers anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, and antiviral capabilities in addition to being a powerful antioxidant. Although more studies are needed to fully explore mangiferin and its potential benefits for humans, the existing results suggest that mangiferin protects the skin against the damage caused by ultraviolet rays. The results also suggest that it can assist in repairing existing damage to the skin caused by overexposure to the sun’s harsh UV rays.(...) Containing superior levels of vitamin A (beta-carotene) and vitamin C, Mango fruit offers the ability to stimulate the skin’s natural production of collagen, enhancing elasticity of the skin and aiding in the generation of new skin cell growth."
You can read more here.


The essence inside the pouch is the milky, thick kind, which I usually prefer to the more liquid-y type. Not only do I tell myself that it's somehow more nourishing, but there is typically much less leftover in the pouch.
It smells sweet and milky, and it's not offensive to my nose at all. (Side note: if you have read any of my other reviews, I most likely mentioned my poor sense of smell there, too. So, something that isn't offensive to me - like the CosRx AHA liquid that most everyone claims smells putrid, - might very well be too strong for you.)


The fit is not bad, for my face. What I absolutely love about it is that the sheet doesn't cover my hairline, which most sheet masks do (and, it drives me crazy.) Just based on reviews of a gazillion other sheet masks, I have concluded that I might have a smaller-than-average face, because sheets that fit my face, are almost always too small for others.
What is also very small on this mask, is the holes for the eyes and mouth. Without the extra tailoring (I keep a pair of scissors in my bathroom solely for cutting sheet masks,) it would have covered more than half of each eye. I didn't make cuts around the mouth, but I really could have done with some more space there.

The sheet clung very nicely to my skin, and was perfectly comfortable to wear (mind you, I never lie down/relax while masking. While wearing this mask, I fed the dogs, administered their meds, changed their wee wee pads. Still, the mask stayed put.) I removed it after a good 40 minutes or so. By then, the essence seemed fully gone from the sheet, and while it is rather think and slightly tacky, it didn't take a long time for it to be absorbed into my skin.
Once it did, I finished off my morning routine with my CosRx snail essence and Holika Holika black snail emulsion.

My skin felt and looked very soothed, plumped, and healthy, and remained that way for the rest of the day. I was positively surprised about this mask: not only is it by a brand whose skincare products had failed to impress me before, it is also a very widely available and affordable mask with a previously unknown-to-me star ingredient, yet it performed better than a lot of much pricier masks do.

Recommend? Absolutely. First of all, it's inexpensive and you can buy it at a million online stores. More importantly, it's definitely worth its price and more, performing better for me than a lot of more expensive masks. I would not recommend it if you have oily skin, too, since the essence is on the heavier side. It worked perfectly on my normal skin, and I can imagine that dry skin will drink it all up, too.

Where to buy? Etude HouseKoreaDeparteBay


Yup, different Etude House product, but I love this commercial!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email