Review: Innisfree Mineral Single Shadow Trend #4

I am not much of a makeup person - the only kind of makeup I really wear on a regular basis is mascara, and my go-to mascara isn't even Korean, - but every now and then, I see something I like on an eBay auction, and try to get it at a low price. This was the case with the Innisfree Mineral Single Shadow Trend #4 that I saw listed with one of my favorite eBay sellers, and ended up winning for maybe a couple of dollars (shipping included.)



About the brand:
"Innisfree (Hangul: 이니스프리) is a South Korean cosmetics brand owned by Amore Pacific. Innisfree is a naturalism-oriented cosmetics brand created in 2000.The brand name originated from W. B. Yeats' poem, 'The Lake Isle of Innisfree'. It is one of the few Korean brands that use organic ingredients certified by France's ECOCERT organization." (source)

What this product claims to achieve:
The selection of 40 colors essential for daily and contouring eye makeup has been developed in collaboration with two of Korea’s top makeup artists. Single Eye Shadow comes in three types of texture - matt, shimmer and glitter – which work as a base, while shadow accentuates the makeup look and eyeliner. (...) Shimmer: shimmering shadow with a light, translucent powder that gives delicate and elegant glitter. Perfect to add glitter to the eyes with natural and delicate pearls. (source)


Directions:
Using a brush or a shadow tip, smoothly spread the shadow on the lid. (source)

Ingredients:
CALCIUM TITANIUM BOROSILICATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE(CI77891), TALC, MICA(CI77019), DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE/HEXASTEARATE/HEXAROSINATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, MANGANESE VIOLET, NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, DIMETHICONE, IRON OXIDES(CI77489), TIN OXIDE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, RED 7 LAKE(CI15850), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MORINGA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, MACADAMIA INTEGRIFOLIA SEED OIL, MINERAL SALT, IRON OXIDES(CI77499), HYDROGENATED LECITHIN (source)


It looked more brown in the original eBay listing, so I was surprised how purple-ish it looked when I received it. I didn't mind, though; the color is absolutely breath-taking! I know tastes differ, but for me, as soon as I opened my little package, I was smitten. 

While taking photos and smearing it on my hand, I realized that it was, indeed, more brown-ish under artificial lights, and a lot more delicate, silky, and purple-ish under natural light.

Artificial light

Natural light
Obviously, my hand looks completely different under different kinds of light

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous eye shadow that is extremely silky-looking with the perfect amount of sparkle where it can be worn during the day as well as a night out, without some sort of professional knowledge of makeup application being a requirement.

In fact, I usually just apply it with my finger, all over my eyelid. This shadow is like that delicate princess who comes from money, receives the best education, wears the most luxurious dresses, and is even deliciously beautiful, yet she remains honestly modest, and she has no clue how exceptional she is.
This here is the eyeshadow equivalent of that princess, my friends.

Recommend? Absolutely. This is a beautifully delicate, beautiful eyeshadow that one can wear to the office as well as date night.

Where to buy? eBayInnisfree WorldibbiBeauty Box Korea 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email