Review: Nature Republic Real Squeeze Aloe Peeling Foot Mask

Before spring and flip-flop season officially arrived, I had decided to try a peeling foot mask because looking at photos of what they do is both gross and amusing. I opted for the Nature Republic Real Squeeze Aloe Peeling Foot Mask because, well, why not? Nature Republic is a well-regarded brand, I got a pretty great deal on this product, and I couldn't wait to have feet that are soft as a baby's.
WARNING: THIS BLOG POST CONTAINS PHOTOS OF PEELING FEET.
If you hate seeing feet and/or peeling skin, please feel free to browse my blog for other posts.



About the brand:
"Nature Republic (네이처리퍼블릭) is a South Korean cosmetics brand. Created in March 2009, Nature Republic is a cosmetics brand that utilizes natural ingredients for their products. The brand's philosophy is 'A Sense of the Beginning'. In August 2013, it was announced that Girls' Generation's Taeyeon and EXO signed a two-year endorsement deal with Nature Republic." (source)

What this product claims to achieve:
This foot mask has an intense peeling effect. It removes corns, calluses, and flaking dead skin! This foot mask will restore smoothness making the feet feel like a baby's bottom!  The aloe vera has bacterucudal and bacteriostatic properties, stimulating circulation. It will hydrate the skin and help retain moisture, reducing inflammation giving soothing and moisturizing properties. It is effective for aging skin. (source)


Ingredients and instructions:
Wash feet clean and thoroughly dry. Wear foot masks as socks on bare feet. Remove after 1 hour and rinse feet with luke warm water. 4-7 days after use dead skin layer will start to peel off, the foot skin will be completely peeled off and renewed within 3-5 days. (source)

Alcohol Denat, Water, Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Isopropyl Alcohol, Urea, Glycolic Acid, Betaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Polysaccharides, Lactobacillus Ferment, Lactobacillus/ Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia Fruit Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Orange, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract, Matricaria Flower Extract, Salicylic Acid, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (source)


I am sort of rushing with the photos, so let me tell you about my experience with the booties. First, they are HUGE. I mean, I have tiny feet, but I swear these were made for a Yeti. The material is also very plastic-y. The essence inside smells like straight alcohol, and it's cold.
I ended up putting socks over the booties, and this way, I could actually walk around.
I left them on for an hour.
As expected, nothing really happened for the first couple days, other than the fact that each night when I took a bath, my feet felt really soft.

By day four, my feet looked and felt very dry, but still, no peeling had started.

It was around day six that dead skin started coming off. As creepy as it looks, I can echo others' experiences where it is not painful at all; what's more, my feel didn't even feel sensitive. I wore sneakers and socks on these days.

By day eight, a lot of skin had peeled off, and let me tell you, it all made for a few very messy days. I would wake up with pieces of dead skin all over my bed, they stuck to my socks, and made my towel - post-baths - pretty gross. Still, no discomfort or pain whatsoever.
By day ten, the peeling was pretty much over. My feet did feel somewhat softer than before, but I have to say the difference wasn't quite as impressive as I would have thought, given how much skin I had gotten rid of.

A couple of days thereafter, I also used a moisturizing foot pack (that I may or may not review later, for it wasn't really impressive,) thinking it would be exceptionally helpful for all the fresh skin. However, I have been let down.

A week or so after the peeling had stopped, my feet were back to their pre-peel state. Now, they weren't awful to begin with, but I couldn't have won any foot modeling contracts with them. And, I still wouldn't. They are OK. The skin on my heels and around the nail on my big toes, are dry again. Just like they were a couple weeks earlier.

Because the peeling itself is so visually pleasing (sure, it's creepy, too, but it's also pleasing,) I really expected to see some obvious changes that stay around for more than a week. Alas, I haven't, and I am not sure those days of leaving dead skin just about everywhere, are necessarily worth the lackluster results.

Recommend? Not really. Let me put it this way: I don't think I will ever use this peeling pack again. There are some seriously messy days, filled with pieces of dead skin wherever you go; yet, it really didn't provide any lasting or visible results.

Where to buy? BeautequeKoreaDepartRoseRoseShopeBay



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email