Review: Skinfood Royal Honey Emulsion

I first thought this should be a "first impression" post, which is what I normally write when I only have a sample of a product, but I have been using the Skinfood Royal Honey Emulsion for a week now, twice a day - and I still have a lot of it left, - and I am pretty positive that several months of usage wouldn't reveal a whole of unexpected results, so I have decided to write a regular review of this product.


About the brand:
Skinfood (스킨푸드) is a South Korean skincare and cosmetics manufacturer and retailer, headquartered in Seoul. The owner of the company has been involved in the skincare business since 1957. The main concept of the company is to create products with nutritional values of food. The company's slogan is "beauty food for the urban sweetie". (source)

What this product claims to achieve:
Royal Honey Emulsion is a creamy type of emulsion which is made of Royal Black Honey & Royal Jelly. It is excellent at moisturizing. (source)

Directions and ingredients:
After toner or serum, apply on face in an outward motion. (source)
The list and CosDNA analysis of ingredients can be found here.


I have been using the wash-off mask from the same line (see my review here) and while I really love it, I wasn't knowingly looking to try other Skinfood Royal Honey products when I received several deluxe samples of the emulsion; however, with spring coming, which is the perfect time for me to start experimenting with lighter daytime skincare layers and temporarily replacing my daytime moisturizer with a lighter emulsion, I was actually quite curious as to how it would perform.


Everything about this emulsion is what I would expect, after having used the wash-off mask: its original packaging is very similar, its scent is identical (to me; like I keep reminding everyone who stumbles upon my blog, my sense of smell is busted) in that it is quite sweet and honey-like and nothing offensive, and it has a viscous consistency.

I have normal skin (thanks to AB, I no longer wander around with a thick and nasty layer of excess oil sitting atop my skin 365 days a year,) and I am convinced this emulsion would be too much for anyone with even slightly oily skin. It takes a while to sink in, and it does leave a noticeable sheen, which I really enjoy now, but I know it would have driven me up the wall when my skin was oily.

It's not a heavy, thick sheen, like what the It's Skin Prestige D'Escargot Finale (review here) gave me, and what was too much even for me. This emulsion actually gives me a dewy finish, the kind everyone in the AB community seems to strive for. For now, one layer in lieu of my daytime moisturizer seems to keep my skin soft all day; at night, I often find myself adding an extra layer under my nighttime cream, and I wake up with extra-soft skin.

There seems to have an entirely new royal honey line available from Skinfood these days, which also includes the new emulsion. They have added stuff like "Queen’s Multi Nutri™ extract and aged Honey BIO60™ extract," whatever that means. I would lie if I said I wasn't interested in trying it, though, and I most definitely can appreciate the fact that they finally dropped all the Comic Sans from the packaging.

Recommend? Not if you have oily skin; I am pretty sure this would be too heavy for you. It's a very nice moisturizing emulsion for those with normal or dry skin types, though. Would I go out of my way to find it? No. It's not a standout product; it is, however, a very solid product, and at 150ml for around $15, it's actually a good choice for the budget-conscious.

Where to buy? eBay (samples) • iBuyBeautiAmazon (terrible markup)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email