Review: CosRX BHA Blackhead Power Cream

I love CosRX, I have been using several of their products, and most of them have been a wonderful addition to my routine. When I received an email from Jolse announcing that the then-new BHA Blackhead Power Cream was on pre-sale, and they were offering free EMS shipping to the first 300 customers, my normally frugal self leapt into action, placed an order, then waited for the cream that is supposed to make your skin soft as a baby's overnight, to arrive.



About the brand:





What this product claims to achieve:
"The BHA Blackhead Power Cream is not just your typical moisturizing cream. Designed with natural BHA and a low pH of 4.0-5.0, optimized for your skin, this all-in-one power cream is all you need for the ultimate skin makeover ! Erase your skin concerns overnight as the BHA Blackhead Power Cream works its magic to exfoliate and nourish the skin for a silky soft finish." (source)

Instructions and Ingredients:

CosDNA analysis here


True to CosRX form, the packaging is very simple, and - dare I say - boring. The tin toothpaste-tube-like container is a bit of a pain in the backside since you cannot really store it upright unless you do something like putting it into a glass like you would, well, a tube of toothpaste.

Also, the smell. My sense of smell is busted - like, I can barely tell that there's a scent to one of my favorite products, the CosRX AHA lotion, while messes seem to claim that it makes them gag and want to wash out their entire heads from the inside, - but man! This thing smells awful. It actually smells like OTC joint-creams I have used. I have to admit it felt very strange thinking I was putting joint cream on my face.

But, who cares about all of that when one is promised baby-smooth skin by the morning, yes?


I should have known something was not quite kosher when about 10 minutes after putting this cream on my face - as the last step of my evening routine, - the side of jaw started itching, and then very quickly a mosquito bite-like, red bump appeared. Since nothing seemed to happen on any other part of my face, I decided it was perfectly fine to spend the night with this cream on, because 1. baby skin, and 2. I had been so excited about it that I actually pre-ordered it, so it just had to be amazing.


Unfortunately for me and my skin, amazing it wasn't. When I woke up, I had two angry, itchy, deep, watery puss-filled zits. About a week or so later, I tried it again - with the same result.

Now, that is not to say it's not a good product. The ingredient list is quite solid. I don't see anything on it that I hadn't tried before. It did make my skin supple and soft by the morning. Something in the formulation, though, just does. Not. Agree. With. My. Skin. Period.

However, it is a wonderful foot cream. I don't know about you, but I hate using foot creams. One reason is I feel like my feet are suffocating. I am sure some of it is in my head, but that doesn't really change anything. The other reason is - and I apologize for the possible TMI - that a lot of foot creams give me F.O. (just like B.O., but on the feet. Yeah, I just made that up.) While this cream isn't particularly effective on the driest parts of my feet, it makes them very soft, healthy-looking - without the added F.O.
Just in case you're as unlucky with this product as I am, and need to find another use for it.

Recommend? For me, no. For you? Possibly, as long as your skin is fine with the formulation, and your nose is fine with the smell. It will not make you skin just like a baby's overnight; but, none of us can seriously expect any topical product to do that. It is comfortably moisturizing, and truly softening, though. I cannot say how well it works on blackheads since it only made my pores very angry.

Where to buy? JolseeBayTesterKorea



2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hadn't even heard of this one until now, just the regular BHA liquid. The Beeswax in the ingredients list would ring alarm bells for me, I'm pretty sure my face would feel like it's suffocating, with all the sebum it produces during the night being unable to escape! (And if your skin disagrees with any of the other ingredients... well that beeswax is going to seal it in there aaaalll niiiiight looong :( )

    I'm sorry it didn't work out and that it caused new problems. It actually does sound like it would be an excellent foot cream though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a total bust. :/ It really was great for my feet, though, and I would totally repurchase it for that reason if I ever used $18 foot creams. :D

      I got some samples of an overnight LJH product that I think is awesome for excess sebum production. It's called Probiotics Sleeping Cream. It's kinda ridiculously priced (for me) at over $40, but I am considering grabbing one when HKCplaza has another 60% off sale. Here's the link in case you haven't seen it yet: http://hkcplaza.com/Leejiham-LJH/LJH-Probiotics-Sleeping-Cream

      Delete

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email