My Routine July 2016

Time Period: July 2016

Age: 40 years-old

Skin Type and General Concerns: Normal skin. Some deepening frown lines. Uneven skin tone. Icepick scars. Clog-prone pores.



1. Cleansing


Eye Makeup Remover:
  • Nivea Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover • Night • Repurchase? I have been using this product for well over a decade. It does its job wonderfully, it is readily available at drugstores, and it's very affordable. So, yes, I'll probably keep repurchasing it.
Oil Cleansing:
  • It's Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Oil • Night • Repurchase? I might. It's dirt cheap on RoseRoseShop, it smells wonderful and has a nice slip, so if I need to get some cleansing oil when I am putting together my next RRS haul, I might grab another bottle.
Foam Cleansing:
  • CosRx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser • Morning and night • Repurchase? Probably, at a later time. I'm looking forward to trying other low pH cleansers, though. This one has lasted me over six months now, so I am ready to move on.
2. Toning and Chemical Peeling

pH-Balancing Toner:
  • CosRx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner (decanted into a regular toner bottle because I hated the original spray bottle) • Night, before my AHA or BHA lotion • Repurchase? I already have! This is the perfect no-frills product to use before a pH-dependent active.
Actives:
  • CosRX AHA-7 Whitehead Power Liquid • Every night to every other night • Repurchase? This is very effective, yet non-harsh active for those whose skin isn't "active" enough at shedding dead cells by itself. It also lasts forever. I am very positive I will buy it again once it runs out (or 12 months pass after opening, which I am not sure will not happen sooner.)
  • CosRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid • Night, once or twice a week • Repurchase? For me, this has made less of an obvious change than the AHA liquid; however, it does help to keep my pores (that are no longer covered by a layer or two of dead skin) cleaner. Just like the former, it also lasts a very long time, and similarly, I will repurchase either when it runs out, or when the 12-month post-opening period is up.
First Essence:
  • Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum EX • Morning and night • Repurchase? This full-size bottle was a gift from my father's wife. I wouldn't be able to keep repurchasing it, for it is very pricey; however, the samples are affordable, so once this runs out, I will just keep buying those.
Hydrating Toner:
  • Hada Labo Goku-jyun Alpha 3D Lotion (decanted into the dark blue dropper bottle)Night • Repurchase? The full-size bottle is already on its way to my grabby hands from Japan. This makes my slightly heavier night routine hydrating layers sink in super easily.
  • su:m37° Water-Full Skin Refresher • Morning • Repurchase? Quite possibly. I like this entire line, and this is a wonderful hydrating toner for the summer. It sinks is quickly, leaves no stickiness, and it feels like I have somehow splashed the inside of my skin with water.
3. Serums et al.
  • Mamonde Age Control Camellia Oil • Occasionally • Repurchase? Likely. I use it under sheet masks and whenever my skin feels like it could do with some more oils, and it works beautifully.
  • Rohto Mentholatum Melano CC Intensive Anti-Spot EssenceMorning. And night, but only if I skip the AHA or BHA lotion. • Repurchase? I finally pulled the trigger, and bought this essence, which I use on my entire face. A lot of people seem to start noticing obvious changes around the one-week mark; that, though, hasn't been the case for me. This tube should last a long time (about four drops are enough for my face,) so I will see whether it does produce long-term effects for me. The jury is still out.
  • Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater EssenceMorning • Repurchase? Possibly. This provides a beautifully light hydrating layer, which is perfect for the summer. Like most Innisfree products for me, this is a very solid one; however, I am not sure my skin would cry out loud if I took it away.
  • Lee JiHam (LJH) Tea Tree 90 EssenceMorning • Repurchase? Another HKC Plaza deal, and another highly praised product by well-known Western bloggers, it does provide a perfectly light hydrating layer for these humid summer days, but I am not yet sure if it does anything else for me. Just like with the Melano CC essence, the jury is still out on this one. I haven't been using either for a long enough time to form an opinion.
  • su:m37° Water-Full Timeless Water Gel Essence • Morning and night • Repurchase? I snagged two bottles when StyleKorean had them on a ca. 90% off (!) sale - which I am convinced was an accident, - so I am set for a while. I had already used a couple months' worth of samples before, too, which I think is what I will keep buying.
  • Lee JiHam (LJH) Vita Propolis Ampoule • Night • Repurchase? I have recently started my second bottle, and I am not convinced it is doing much to my skin, despite it being the HG for so many others; so next time, I will most likely skip this one.
4. Moisturizing Creams
  • CosRx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence • Morning • Repurchase? Absolutely. I don't think I'll ever want to live without it. The one big change now that the hot and humid weather has arrived, is that I have been using this as the last step in my morning routine (instead of layering another, heavier lotion or cream on top,) and it has been enough to keep my skin soft and supple all day.
  • Berrisom Hydra Firming Cream+ • Night • Repurchase? Possibly, unless it's being discontinued. I have another night cream waiting to be used, but I really love this one, so I can totally see myself returning to it in the future.
  • Hera Age Away Mask • Night, two to three times a week • Repurchase? If it weren't discontinued, I definitely would. It is possibly my favorite sleeping pack I have ever used. I use it in lieu of my night cream.
5. Masks, Masks, Masks

I use sheet masks three to four times a week, wash-off masks two to three times a week, and a very gentle peeling gel every day. 
6. Extras
  • Sulwhasoo Goa Eye&Lip Cream (40x samples)Morning and night • Repurchase? Yes. I already have another 20ml of it on its way to me. This might actually be The One that does make a difference to the skin around my eyes. 
  • Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask • A few nights a week • Repurchase? Possibly, even though I am convinced it's a bottomless jar that I will never be able to empty.
  • The Saem Touch On Body Coconut Body Butter • Occasionally • Repurchase? As much as I love it, not anytime soon. There's a whole lot of product in there, and use heavier body creams only rarely, so I won't need to repurchase this anytime soon.
  • Secret A I am Coconut Soothing GelOccasionally • Repurchase? If it runs out, and HKC Plaza has another great deal, I might. It does have soothing and hydrating qualities, although neither is outstanding, but it's a good everyday body care product for the summertime.
  • Uniderm Hydrocolloid Patches • Occasionally • Repurchase? Already have. I love these more than the CosRX patches, so that should tell you these are awesome.
  • Su:m37 1102 Extreme Time Control LotionDaily • Repurchase? No. The reason this is listed here is that I started using at as a last step in the morning, but after a few days, I noticed that my normal skin was getting oily. I think this is probably a great product for people with dry to very dry skin, but it was too much for me. So, I have repurposed it as a hydrating product for my d├ęcolletage, which is a part of my body that I tend to neglect (and it's really starting to show.)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email