Review: Ferderma Egyptian V-Line Mask

If you're 20 and you think you will never have issues with your V-line (or jawline,) I am here to tell you that you are wrong. I know, I am so much fun at parties... I had always had a very defined jawline, and it looked pretty awesome if I may say so myself. Then, around the time I hit 35, somehow everything just started slowly giving in to gravity. I am now 40. It's not awful, but from certain angles I kinda hate it. Short of plastic surgery (which, I'll be honest, is not 100% out of the question) and daily massages (which I am just too lazy to do,) I am not perfectly sure what could be done to at least stop the sagging. So, when I randomly saw the Ferderma Egyptian V-Line Mask on eBay, I decided to bid on it, and promptly won five of them. While I didn't have high hopes, it couldn't hurt to try, right?


About the brand:
I have found very little information about the brand online. They seem to be pretty new and small, established in 2012, with a rather loud website, and what seems like a pretty random assortment of products.

What this product claims to achieve:
"Hydrogel gives cooling to skin and also, it helps to make your skin smooth and gives you new slim neck line to your neck." (source)

Instructions and ingredients:


Yup, there's practically nothing in English on the packaging.

However, I did find a Qoo10 listing that gave me a little more insight into what I was putting on my chin. At least now I know what the star ingredients are:
  • Scutellaria Baicalensis (Baikal Skullcap) Root Extract - "A member of the mint family, scutellaria baicalensis is a purple flowering perennial plant native to East Asia. For over 2,000 years, baikal skullcap root extract has been a key component of traditional herbal medicine used in the management of acne, eczema, and even psoriasis." (source)
  • Paeonia Suffruticosa (Peony) Root Extract - "Anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and antibiotic properties. It is also a circulation stimulant with overall skin beautifying properties." (source)
  • Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract - "A naturally occurring antioxidant that serves as an anti-inflammatory and aids in skin rejuvenation" (source)
  • Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract - "It helps hydrate dry skin, facial skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines." (source
  • Hydrolyzed Collagen - "Used in skin-care products, it enhances the appearance of dry or damaged skin by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness." (source)

While I do not have the complete ingredient list, I have a feeling that we are looking at not much more than a hydrating mask here.
It a hydrogel mask, all right. It actually reminds me of those drier eye patches. There's no dripping essence here, and it pretty much sticks to your skin, as it it had some sort of glue on it.


I am not perfectly sure I did this right; maybe I should have pulled it more towards my chin? Eh, I have four more of these to use up, so I guess I will try to adjust it better next time.
Needless to say, this mask was begging for doublefisting, so I slapped a trusted Innisfree Acai Mask on my face, then waited. The V-line mask didn't feel like anything - meaning there was no tingling or any other sign that it was working some sort of magic, - and it didn't pull at my ears as much as I had expected it to, even though it was obviously quite tight.

When I removed it... well, nothing happened. My jawline/V-line didn't seem even slightly tighter than it had been a half an hour or so earlier. My skin was nice and soft, but it's nice and soft when I apply on it the extra essence from practically any kind of sheet mask, too.

Unfortunately, I was right in my initial apprehension. This mask didn't help my sagging-skin-around-the-jaw issue at all. Not temporarily, not in any way, shape, or form. I understand that keeping the area hydrated can have anti-aging effects (maaaaybe some firming, but most definitely preventative,) but don't we all put our essences, lotions, and cream there, anyway? I know I will keep doing just that...

Recommend? No. This is, as expected, not an answer to jawline/V-line issues. It is no more than a temporarily hydrating product that is wrapped in a nice little marketing package, but fails to live up to, well, any sort of positive expectations.

Where to buy? Amazon (hahaha, don't! It's currently listed at $13.99 plus shipping for one) • eBay


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email