Review: It's Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Oil

I'll admit that I don't think much of the brand It's Skin. Not only is it that I myself find their products I have tried, average at best, it seems like - based on reviews - that they haven't done much for others either. However, I was kinda-sorta running out - and, mostly, getting bored - of my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (which I will eventually review, too) as I was putting together a RoseRoseShop haul, and saw the It's Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Oil for around $6.00, so I threw it in my cart. Let's see if it changed my opinion about the brand.


About the brand:
"After analyzing its customers' skin troubles, It's skin collaborated with dermatologists from Seoul University to create its line of makeup and skincare. Based on state-of-the-art science and using natural ingredients, It's skin's collection works to bring out the skin's natural glow and energy. All of the brand's products are dermatologist-tested to certify the purity of the ingredients, as well as ensure minimal irritation and maximum safety." (source)

What this product claims to achieve:

Directions and ingredients:
1. Apply moderate amount with dry hands and spread all over face like massaging.
2. Sweep gently like pressing lightly with tissue.
3. Rinse with warm water and foam cleanser. (source)

Mineral Oil, Cetyl caprylate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Polysorbate 20, Water, Fragrance, Citrus Paradisi Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Saccharum Officinarum Extract (source and CosDNA analysis here)


Star ingredients, in no particular order:

  • Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea) Extract: Green tea leaf extract is produced from the leaves of the tea plant, Camelia sinensis (EWG). The extract is rich in polyphenols, free radical-fighting antioxidants, found to help prevent premature aging and guard against UV damage. The polyphenol most abundant in green tea, EGCG, is also thought by some scientists to reactivate dying skin cells. (source
  • Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract: Sugar cane extracts are considered to be a major source of lactic acid that have the capacity to leave your skin feeling silky smooth because of their exfoliation and moisturizatin properties. They help you to achieve the dual function of exfoliation and moisturization by removing your damaged, dry and dead skin cells and promoting the growth of new ones. These sugar cane extracts also contain glycolic acids that have the smallest molecular structures. This makes it easy for deeper skin penetration, thereby allowing for cellular renewals as well. (source)


First things first: obviously, this is a mineral oil-based first cleanser, and as such, would be problematic for those whose skin just cannot deal with mineral oil. Even though an oil cleanser stays on the skin only for a short time, I have seen a lot of people with this sort of sensitivity break out from using some of the most popular, but mineral oil-based products, so if you aren't sure whether you have this issue, patch test this oil cleanser first.

This is such a pleasant product to use! It's fairly thin, it smells exceptionally nice - sort of like sweet green tea, I assume, but my nose sucks, - it spreads truly easily, and emulsifies perfectly. After the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, which - as effective as it may be - smells like cooking oil and is thick as all hell, using this one is like a spa mini-experience.

I fell in love with this product the first time I used it. Now, I use a separate eye makeup remover (I have no idea why. I guess 20+ years of being used to something just doesn't change overnight,) and I don't use a lot of makeup at all, anyway, let alone waterproof makeup, so I wasn't sure how it would do with those. Cue in the Arm Experiment:

From left to right: Etude House waterproof eyeliner, Lioele waterproof eyeliner, Berrisom eyebrow tattoo, TonyMoly BCDation CC cream 
(Note: I did let everything dry for a while before using the It's Skin oil.)

Each time I use this cleansing oil, my skin feels very clean, yet very soft; however, I wasn't sure how well it really removed the traces of non-obvious products, like BB creams or sunscreen. Now, I understand that my forearm isn't the same as my face. Alas, I was actually quite surprised at its effectiveness when I tried the above experiment.
While it doesn't leave a residue, I always follow up with a foaming cleanser, to make sure I remove all traces of the oil. (The fourth photo - "Wash off" - was taken after second cleansing.) My skin is left soft and clean.

Recommend? Absolutely (as long as your skin doesn't detest mineral oil.) This is a very pleasant, effective, and inexpensive product that does exactly what it needs to do. It smells nice, its slip is perfect a massage, and it is able to remove even the waterproof makeup I tested it on.

Where to buy? RoseRoseShopeBayBeautyBoxKorea


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email