Review: Mediheal WHP White Hydrating Charcoal-Mineral Mask

On my never-ending quest to find some exceptional sheet masks, I keep bidding on and winning eBay auctions for random pieces. I'll admit there's no careful consideration put into which masks I bid on, other than I want to try ones that I haven't tried before and that aren't normally some of the cheapest available. I will not spend more than $2.00 on a mask with shipping included, and I still win quite a few, so that's pretty cool. The mask for today's review is the generally well-liked Mediheal WHP White Hydrating Charcoal-Mineral Mask; yet I thought it wasn't over-reviewed to a point where the Interwebz couldn't handle just one more.


About the brand: 
"[Mediheal's] products are developed by a dedicated skin experts and dermatologists who understand and know our skin best. The brand offers a wide range of innovative and effective sheet masks and skincare products that cater to all skin needs. Mediheal promotes the idea of a home-use concept, where you can have beautiful skin without the need of surgery treatment. (...) Mediheal are at the forefront of the industry and have already sold over 10 million pieces of sheet masks." (source)

Product claims:


Whitening • Hydrating • Vitality


Instructions and ingredients:
Star ingredients:

  • Niacinamide: Anti-oxidant • Anti-aging • Barrier function • Cell-communicating ingredient • Elasticity • Melanin-inhibiting (for discloration)
  • Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract: Anti-oxidant • Anti-aging • Anti-inflammatory • Elasticity • Moisturizing
  • Arbutin: Melanin-inhibiting (for discloration)



Why I bought it and how I've used it:
As you could read further up, this was a random sheet mask buy off of eBay. The only other Mediheal mask I have tried (review here) was a miss for me, but it's such a well-liked brand in the K-beauty blogosphere that I was happy to try another one of their products.

I used it one morning, after slapping on my face all my light hydrating layers. Which is what I do when using any sheet mask.


In my experience, black/charcoal masks tend to adhere to the face as well as extra-thin silk masks, and that was the case here, too. Which is very important for me because a mask can have the greatest freaking ingredients in the essence on the planet, if it doesn't fit right, it annoys the hell out me and I simply. Cannot. Keep. It. On. My. Face.
Thankfully, that was not an issue here at all.

My sense of smell is busted, but even I could tell immediately that this essence had a very strong soapy scent. Thing is, if I can smell it and conclude that it's strong, chances are most people will agree (for their nose must be better than mine.) To me, it wasn't anywhere near unbearable, but it certainly wasn't pleasant, either.

The sheet was dripping with essence, but it wasn't too much where it keeps getting into my mouth or jumping into its death from my chin, and there was practically none of it left inside the pouch, which I like because I don't have to try and figure out how to get it out without spilling it all over.
I could wear it for over 45 minutes without the sheet drying out.


So, all of this is pretty good, yes?
Unfortunately, as fine as this mask was to wear, I was just as unimpressed when I removed it.

The leftover essence was very sticky/tacky, and it took a long time for it to sink in - say, an hour or so (by which time most of probably simply evaporated vs. sunk in.) Once it did, it was fine, but if you are planning to use it in the morning on a day when you do have to leave the house, well, you might want to think twice.

Despite its whitening and brightening ingredients and claims, I saw absolutely no effect in that department. None whatsoever. While I don't have before/after photos to show you, I know and keep checking on my skin too well to not notice these sorts of changes. Given that there's any.
There wasn't.

Is it hydrating? Very much so. My only issue is, 99% of sheet masks I have ever tried, have been great at wonderfully (albeit temporarily) hydrating my skin. So, meh, to me that's a given.

Recommend? For me, this mask was nothing outstanding. No visible brightening/whitening, not even temporarily; however, it is great at hydrating (which most masks are, anyway.) Would I use it again if you threw a couple more at me? I guess. It is very comfortable to wear, so that's a huge plus for me. Would I buy one again? Probably not. There are other comfortable masks out there which produce better (temporary) results.

Where to buy? YesStyleKoreaDepartSkin18eBay



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email