First Impression: Lioele Aroma Soft Peeling Gel

I rarely receive product samples in which I am interested anymore, but I absolutely love peeling gels, so when I spotted this small pouch of the Lioele Aroma Soft Peeling Gel included with an order, I knew I would eventually try it out. Mind you, I don't have high expectations of peeling gels (the only exceptions thus far have been this su:m37 product - of which I haven't been able to find large sample batches for sale for a while, and it makes me all kinds of sad - and a Sulwhasoo one I have been using lately and should review, soon) but you never know when a random product is going to surprise you, yes?


About the brand:
Lioele is a Korean cosmetic and skincare brand that was formed in 2003. The brand draws its inspiration from the story of Cinderella. "Lioele is the 'fairy godmother' that grants transformational cosmetics and skin care gifts to help women of all ages become even more beautiful, sophisticated and elegant!" (source)

Product claims:
This product controls dead skin cell and impurities of skin effectively by including natural cellulose which is organic pealing substance. It helps to speed-up the skin turnover cycle to make your skin clean and healthy. It also includes Vitamin A and E to promote skin softness. (source)

Instructions and ingredients:
1. Apply Aroma Soft Peeling Gel to face after shower or after cleansing face.
2. Gently massage into face and let dry.
3. After 10 minutes, rinse face with water.
4. Gently dry face with soft towel.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Diethoxyethyl Succinate, Ethanol, PEG-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Ethylparaben, Propyl paraben, Disodium EDTA, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Gentinana Lutea Root Extract, Artemisia Absinthium Extract (source)


Peeling gels are very mild physical exfoliants that help you get rid of pore-clogging grime, dirt, and some dead skin cells. No, all that piles up as you massage it is not dead skin. If it were, your face would be raw.
Please read Labmuffin's blog post to see how peeling gels actually work.

Again, we are talking about some mild physical exfoliation, so no mind-blowing results should be expected of a peeling gel, ever. I use the CosRX AHA or BHA lotion almost every night, for chemical exfoliation, and while the rest of their products I have ever tried, have been mostly meh for me (don't hate me, I know they're a very popular brand,) those two work very well, and they have made things like harsher physical exfoliation or nose strips a moot point for me.


This product turned out to be exactly what I had expected: nothing to write home (or on a blog) about. As soon as I put the entire contents on my dry skin and started lightly massaging it, it created those tiny cellulose balls on my face (too tiny for me to take any relevant photos about it) and larger balls on my fingers. This exact same thing has happened with the vast majority of peeling gels I have ever tried.

The word "aroma" (also in the product's name) reminds me of mysterious, alluring scents, but this just smelled like some cheap flowery perfume. I don't really care all that much because I am just generally not good at, well, smelling, but I can see how it might be sort of offensive to some.

The result, again, was very similar to other, lower-end peeling gels'. It did make my skin softer to the touch, but it certainly wasn't like a real-life Instagram filter.
I, in fact, no obvious visual results.

Recommend? Nah, unless you have never used any sort of (physical or chemical) exfoliant in your life, which I believe is the only instance where this product might impress you. This is an average-at-best peeling gel that left behind no real - at least temporary - results behind. If you receive a sample, like I did, I say go ahead and give it a try (after all, it's all YMMV) but I would not encourage you to go out of your way and purchase the full-size product. Nah.

Where to buy? AmazoneBayCosmeticLove



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email